These directions are courtesy of Jim Gibson.
- Take exit 278 and go west on Pioneer Crossing
- Make no turn offs and just stay on Pioneer Crossing until it turns into Cedar Fort Rd going west. The Hwy signs change from Hwy 173 to Hwy 73.
- Go past the stop light that turns into the Ranches at Eagle Mt. Just keep going West.
- The road continues West until you get to Cedar Fort, then the road turns South. Just keep going.
- When you get down to Fairfield the road turns West again. Just keep going.
- When you get to Sand Pass you will pass the turn off to the Pit ‘n Pole and the road turns North. Just keep going North.
- Follow 73 going North and eventually the road will turn West again and you will come to a “T” intersection. Turn left onto UT-36 going South.
- Cross the railroad track and continue South on 36 and watch for signs that point West which will say – Clover (or Rush Valley) – Dugway.
- Turn right onto Hwy 199 and continue West through Clover.
- You will go through a windy road and when you get to the top of the hill you have arrived at Johnson’s Pass.